By Yunsoo Park
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Composting programs coming to some Virginia prisons
- Washington Supreme Court holds that sentencing juveniles to life without parole is unconstitutional
- Escaped MDOC parolee captured at Jackson shelter
- MS Supreme Court refuses to review appeal of man sentenced to 50 years in prison for Madison armed robbery
- Death row inmate seeks U.S. Supreme Court review of Youngstown murder conviction
- Record number of East Bay jail inmates likely to vote in 2018 midterms
- SCSO introduces new technology to recognize inmates at jail
- Inmate charged with shoving sheriff deputy
- Missing Inmate Captured in Oroville
- Angola inmate attempts escape, doesn’t make it past fence
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- ALABAMA COMPANY IS ON A MISSION TO IMPROVE CARE OF PEOPLE ADDICTED TO OPIOIDS IN AMERIC...
- NaphCare is Off to a Great Start Providing Healhcare in the Fulton County Jails
- Correctional Facilities Present Unique Environmental Challenges – GTL’s Technology is T...
- Securus Technologies Announces the Activation of Additional Wireless Containment Soluti...
- Industry Veteran Joins GTL as Executive Vice President of National Sales Team
The program interviews Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D. a University Professor in the Criminology, Law and Society Department and Director of the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence at George Mason University. Dr. Taxman is recognized for her work in the development of the seamless systems of care models that link the criminal justice with other service delivery systems as well as reengineering probation and parole supervision services, and organizational change models. Her work covers the breadth of the correctional system from jails and prisons to community corrections and adult and juvenile offenders, including all types of interventions and system improvement factors. She has had numerous grants from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institute of Justice, National Institute of Corrections, Office of National Drug Control Policy, and Bureau of Justice Assistance.
The website for the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence is http://www.gmuace.org/ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was June 28, 2012
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Human Resource Coordinator
Ada County Sheriff's Office