>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

New hire physical question.

Subscribe to New hire physical question. 4 posts, 4 voices

Login to reply

Male user OCCD 57 posts

High blood pressure seems to be extremely common in this field. Diabetes is also fairly common. As long as it’s controlled, most agencies will hire you. Stay fit!!!

Riot helmet Mick 307 posts

We have several Officers that are diabetics and others with medical disorders. If you are capable of carrying out your duties the same as everyone else there should be no problem. I have screws in my shoulder from a motorbike accident. When I applied many moons ago I had to get checked out by the Chief Medical Officer. After the exam I was cleared. Like you I thought it may have counted against me but not so. And I have never looked back.

Buckeye flag Mudflap 293 posts

I’ve worked with officers in the past who had diabetes and others who carried nitro. I can’t speak for PA DOC, but don’t see why it would be an issue. After you find out for sure let us know.

Male user Saxon 1 post

Hi im saxon and new to the forum. Im a Sheriff’s deputy in a county thats broke and the sheriffs office is a dead end job.
I recently took the civil service test for the PA DOC. I did well and there is only one thing that might stand in my way. I take high blood pressure meds. My BP is good while im on the meds. I run and weight train regularly so the agility test is not a problem. Does anyone know if being on High blood pressure meds will make me a no go?

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015