>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Welcome to the Jungle

Subscribe to Welcome to the Jungle 4 posts, 3 voices

Login to reply

Remle riflepg irish assassin 286 posts

I agree with Mick on all the information he’s shared here. The advice about being mindful of the placement of your hands is worth its weight in gold. The anti-stick and anti-cut gloves are bulky and difficult to put on. However provided you have time to prepare like a cell extraction situation etc they are good tools to have. You shouldn’t need them at the beginning of your career, so for now stick to the basics and learn all you can.

We can do it OfficerNew 10 posts

Thank you Mick.

Riot helmet Mick 307 posts

From my own point of view latex gloves doubled up are the best. I find the anti-stick gloves to thick to feel much unless you are planning to turn the cell upside down. First rule of a body/clothes search: don’t stick your hands in the pockets or anywhere you can’t see. Get them to turn their pockets out. Same applies to cell searches don’t put you hand/fingers into areas you can’t clearly see into. Use a mirror for awkward areas or if you facility has them Snake cams.

We can do it OfficerNew 10 posts

New CO in CA at a County facility. Do I need to buy gloves and if so which kind are the best protection?

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015