>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Mass shootings at theaters.

Subscribe to Mass shootings at theaters. 15 posts, 6 voices

Login to reply

Male user Canusxiii 116 posts

I never paid much attention to anyone after work,neighbors to anyone that knew what I did for a living,since the shooting I take the time to listen ,wether is stupid or not……. My heart still bleeds for the victims and their family,,,,My idea of punishment,putting him in a hole ,3 meals no contacts…,,Go crazy but we live in a different time :(….

Male user commander 277 posts

Point well taken. Didn’t take it as disrespect DT. I am close friends with the SRT leader at SOCF. One of my closest friends is a Lt on the team. I know exactly how much training you guys go through. I know how disciplined the teams are from experience. I know how tight a group the guys and gals are that are on the teams. With stories from my Dad, I know to a certain extent how much training you went through in paratroopers. We sent 21 employees to Iraq twice and Agshanistan once. Hearing the stories they told, I can imagine you or them immediately jumping up and charging the idiot with the guns. People in everyday life have no clue what Prison SRT and STAR go through in Ohio. The amount of training, physical fitness and mental fitness you guys and gals have to have. I always told my wife that if we get into a situation where it is going south and I am not there, grab my gun and get ready to use it. Pray some of my brothers from my old job are near, they will protect you. I explained to her about a tight knit a group we are. Even after my retirement, they still check up on me. When someone at work gets hurt or loses a house to a fire, the amount of support given them is breath taking. Hats off to yall and you have my lifetime respect. Keep doing what you do.

Isr DT Instructor 108 posts

Not a superman or dirty harry, just trained myself through experiences inside the walls and on the streets of Iraq. Honestly meant no disespect to anyone, but my point was how vulnerable those people were.

That is an admirable trait DT. Respect you for that. Never had the paratrooper training. Dad was in the 101st. Guys get excellent training and gotta have the right attitude to make it through. I don’t doubt most of the people on this forum would have gladly risk their life to save those people. Do it everytime you walk into that prison. When the shit hits the fan whether at work or in civvy world, our reaction is the same. It is what you are trained to do. Yall take care.

I suppose it depends on your perspective on the situation. I would make it a point to get close to him. Speed, surprise and violence of action to close with and eliminate the target. Been bred into me since I was a young paratrooper, can’t change now.

If you can get a clear shot in the fog and with the innocents panicking and running around, not to mention gunfire being sprayed everywhere, that would be a good idea DT. However, with the ensuing chaos, finding him would have been very difficult. The theater is dark and he is wearing dark clothing. We can all sit back and say what we would have done but, being there is a lot different. I, too, have years of tactical training, edged weapons defense, chemical munitions instructor, cell extraction, and etc. I personally certifed hundreds of officers in OC, back when you had to have a level 1 contamination to be cerfified. I ate tons of gas. OC, CS, CN but, without light and a clear field of fire, I would not jeopardize innocent civilians. However, if he came up close and personal, I would unload a clip into his grill.

That is why you aim for the triangle of death where the undershirt pokes out beneath the 2nd chance vest. Then when he falls you put 2 anchor shots into his cranium. Little trick I picked up in Iraq. Or pump so many rounds into center mass he falls from the impact, then refer to anchor shots above. Just sayin…….

Correction officer jamestown0509 313 posts

You’re right Commander, it would have been difficult to take him down unless it was a lucky head shot. He was decked out similar to those bank robbers in Calif. who shot it out with hundreds of police officers. I think everyone wants to know why he did that. Here was a man who almost had his Doctorate degree going out shooting people at random, what is the reason and will we ever know..

I too have a CCW and do carry. According to the reports this evening, he boobie trapped his apartment and the police will have to wait until morning to try gaining entry. Lots of ammo and jars of clear liquid. He was wearing a tactical helmet, bullet proof tactical vest and kevlar leggings (i think they said). Point is, if 5 people were carrying weapons as DT said, with the gas that was dispersed, it would have been next to impossible to stop this guy. Let alone slow him down. God will exact a far more severe punishment than they can here on earth. We all need to unite in prayer and ask God to watch over the victims and their families, especially the families that lost their children.

None of these mass shooters ever shoot it out with the police because they know they will lose. So they get to kill and torture and then give up like the P*SSIES they are. Sickening.

Male user Canusxiii 116 posts

My heart goes to the victims and their families.Surprised the piece of crap didn’t shoot it out with the police…save the taxpayers..quick trial…
Sure the liberals will be putting their two cents in….Guns are Evil….or he wasn’t hugged enough when he was a child….

Correction officer jamestown0509 313 posts

Sad for the families of those killed and all those victims. I was surprised that he didn’t try a shootout with the police.In many foreign countries the have no trial..just shoot them.

Riot helmet Mick 307 posts

Unfortunately there is no way to stop a lunatic like this carrying out something like this.

Dream car BridgeportCO 63 posts

Agreed. Apparently the shooter said it was a fun game and he was the Joker. Instances like these I believe in an ‘eye for an eye’ type punishment, but it wouldn’t be even close to what I feel he deserves.

Well last night me and my girl went to see the new Batman movie at midnight and thank god I don’t live in Colorado. I was armed, as usual, but I was thinking of how vulnerable you are at a movie. You’re looking up at the screen intent on following the plot or action, looking for what’s around the corner. You’re there with a friend or loved one(s)…..

Then some coward throws in canisters of CS or CN and starts blasting the place. During the confusion people don’t register the fact that they are the ones being attacked. There first thoughts are it’s a joke or hoax, maybe some elaborate marketing tool. Then they see that first puff of red mist and all those peoples lives are changed forever dead wounded or not. The death penalty isn’t quick enough or effective enough to deal with this type of individual.

Due process should be suspended for these crimes and straight to the gallows. I do not care if he was bullied or molested or if his parents beat him. I just do not care.

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015