>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Just Asking.....

Subscribe to Just Asking..... 30 posts, 14 voices

Login to reply

Buckeye flag Mudflap 293 posts

I use the site for insite into material I can use during training sessions….

Good point about training material. Now I’m wondering what jobs the people on this site have. The majority of posters seem to be CO’s.

What information do you glean from this site? Is it to get insight on what questions are being asked or something else?

Male user JP1963 2 posts

I imagine some of the staff who check this site during work hours for purposes such as training material however, once they leave for the day they never log back on… I resemble that person… I use the site for insite into material I can use during training sessions…. but very good question, it is nice to know that there are that many people using the information.

I agree about the feedback. Right now there have been 116 views of this post and one person answered. I’m just curious as to why.

Many people have signed up for this site and obviously take time to look at the posts, but they don’t respond to any of them. Plus, a lot of people make one or two posts and then are never heard from again.

Odd.

Female user Epona 4 posts

I would enjoy a forum like this. Working in corrections is very stressful and it would be nice to get some feedback from others that work in the same environment.

We have people on this site from Texas, Kansas, Idaho, the Philippines, Canada, Australia, Ireland and a lot of other places all over the world. There is very little interaction on this site, though, and very few people take time to post or respond to posts. Seems a couple of people make the majority of the responses, while others have made one or two posts and are never heard from again.

The cover page states that there are 277 topics, 1,587 posts within those topics, and only 456 responses. Evidently some titles pique interest while others don’t.

One thread (Where In The World Are You?) has 3,648 views and 41 responses. Why didn’t the other 3,607 people answer?

If you seldom (or never) post, why not?

What type of post might encourage you to make a response or give an opinion?

And if you happen to be reading this post right now, why not respond?

I didn’t really think this through before I typed, so it may sound more like a rant than a logical post, but what’s your opinion?

Just asking……………

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015