>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Hopeful CDCR Counselor with a Pressing Problem

Subscribe to Hopeful CDCR Counselor with a Pressing Problem 2 posts, 2 voices

Login to reply

Male user CO-ERT 2 posts

I can’t speak of CAs rules on it, but where I am I don’t see it messing you up. The best advice I can tell you is to be forthcoming with it during an interview. Be open with them as to what happened and don’t try to hide anything. After all they can/will have legal documentation readily available to them. I personally don’t see where it would affect you but I am on the floor and not in a hiring job.

Female user LJSurfBabe 1 post

Hi, and thank you for reading and for helping me with any insight. I have recently graduated college and am hoping to apply for a correctional counseling position with the Department of Corrections in California. I was in an abusive relationship that I recently got out of. I filed a domestic abuse restraining order, and my ex filed a civil harassment order. Will this prevent me from working in the department of corrections? I’ve wanted to do this my entire life and will be crushed if I let a stupid boyfriend mess this up for me.

Thanks!

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015