>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Where in the world are you

Subscribe to Where in the world are you 132 posts, 74 voices

Login to reply

Riot helmet Mick 307 posts

Welcome qdog0569. As you may have noticed that this is an occasional site. We come in make a comment/reply and may not visit again for a few days so don’t expect live online debate.;-)

Male user qdog0569 1 post

i’m new to the site, and have work correction for 11 years. i do enjoy the work, and being able to move around with in the state of south carolina at the county level. the is my second career. i call my work place “the garden”…i’m a fan of the Wire.

Male user Crakinheds 11 posts

Hope and change brother, hope and change. Hey, it worked for that other guy lol!!!

Buckeye flag Mudflap 293 posts

I hope to be a regular on here and maybe get a little more activity going.

Good to hear. Best of luck with that……………. :D

Thank you Mudflap. I hope to be a regular on here and maybe get a little more activity going.

Hey, Crakinheds. Welcome to the zoo.

Good evening all, Ohio DRC here, working at MCI for 21 yrs now. And wondering just how far the pendulum has to go before it starts to swing back lol. I can still remember when it was a cold, dark and evil place. And it was a much better time to work then, IMHO.

Oldpics 229 COGrim 25 posts

City of Anniston Municipal Jail, Anniston, Alabama.

Ron, main reply in “Just Starting Out”.

Male user RonJr1970 8 posts

Thanks Mick , I appreciate that. Most fascinating thing I’ve learned so far came from lectures about “Con Games” and maipulation. Unbelievable stuff for us new guys and gals !

Welcome to the Twilight Zone, Brother. If you have any questions I am sure one of us can answer them for you.

Male user RonJr1970 8 posts

Im a new officer. 3rd week of the academy. Will be assigned to the Nebraska State Penitentiary upon graduation and looking forward to this new career and life style.

Only thing I know about KBR is it’s a huge outfit that has been around a loooong time. If you could adjust to the conditions over there you can adjust to the conditions over here, too.

I can identify with the statement about wondering if “offenders” can be rehabilitated. HA! There sure are a lot who keep coming back.

Male user d_tisdal 2 posts

Thanks Mudflap…and it looks like it will be a zoo indeed. I worked in transportation….truck driver moving heavy equipment. It was a good gig with KBR and helped me get my finances straight somewhat. It was a very good experience and luckily I never got hurt or worse. Lost a few friends in 2004 and I keep their memory alive everyday for the sacrifice they made. I’m just hoping I can adjust to the “civilian” thing especially in corrections. Being a police officer for almost 15 years makes a person doubt if offenders can ever be rehabilitated…but I’ll give it my best shot. I think after a year or two I may move into probation. I think my skills are more on point there. Thanks again Mudflap!

Yo, d_tisdal. Thank you for your time in Iraq, welcome home, and welcome to the zoo. What kind of contractor work did you do?

Male user d_tisdal 2 posts

Hello to all…I’m a former police officer and just wrapped up 3 years of contractor work in Iraq. Just landed a job as a CO with the Indiana Department of Correction working at the Pendleton State Reformatory. I’m enjoying the posts.

No, CqCasting, I’m a bit south… Ohio. This forum isn’t as busy as most, but you’ll get used to it. It sure has a lot of good people who give good info. I often wonder why there are so many who stumble across this site, ask a question, then never return. Many don’t even return to the post they started.

Welcome to the zoo.

Male user CqCasting 10 posts

Your correct Mudflap, I take it you’r also in WA? I’m new to this forum, not sure how this reply thing works compared to other blogs I’ve been on. Yes, I’ve been on the Peninsula sense Oct. 1980.

Hay, CqCasting, I’m guessing those are Olympic and Clallam Bay in the great state of Washington? (I apologize if I’m off base.)

Male user NightStick 2 posts

Yes Millhaven Ontario.

Male user CqCasting 10 posts

I started my career in 1980 @ OCC and CBCC in 1986

Millhaven… Ontario?

Male user NightStick 2 posts

11 years Millhaven Maximum Security.

Male user Canusxiii 116 posts

6 years NJDOC.Still kicking.Still learning.

Yeah, NYCO_2010, Manning has evolved into a much better quarterback than I thought he would. Goes to show why I’m working corrections and not coaching an NFL team.

And welcome to Jellin.

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015