>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Long Hair on the Job

Subscribe to Long Hair on the Job 20 posts, 5 voices

Login to reply

Male user Squeeze 135 posts

Me waits for Monday, dreaming o’ a time long goon now but when men were men an a short stretch o the legs would get me to a pub for old war stories and a pint.(diet coke):-) A place where we could all (correctional officers men and women) sit n reminisce about another time where work was simpler and ye knew who was good and who was evil. I lift my pint to you all and pray we all can be here next year to do it again. 6 rounds of the clock to maybe walking away from this. Nay I say, I’m too much the sheepdog. I’ll be here with you all till the end. Yeah to Ireland, yeah to Derry.

Getty rf photo of cat and praying mantis Campi 227 posts

That depends on if I catch you If I get a wish.

Female user Civilian 7 posts

Happy St. Patty’s Monday- All.
Do you think if I keep my hair long and turn it green they will think I’m a leprechaun?

We start celebrating tomorrow. Oh wait….it’s St. Patrick’s Day everyday!! (just kidding!)

Remle riflepg irish assassin 286 posts

Wow…. Just wow. I’m really shocked, offended and have severe emotional damage from all the stereotypical irish references that have taken over this thread. Just last night I cried myself to sleep from all the mental stress and unfairness of it all. You people should all be ashamed of yourselves and be put though cultural diversity training.

Just kidding…. Someone pass me a beer and some of those lucky charms. The corned beef and whisky didn’t set right and I need some breakfast to top it off.

Flag1 1 shakeyjake 112 posts

Being from Ohio give me a cold PBR and a pot pie and I’m all good.

comedy!!

Wear your hair as you like within the rules of your institution, however keep in mind the potential disadvantage you may be placing yourself in, learn to minimize that disadvantage.Go on the offensive should you ever find yourself in a situation where that disadvantage may be the opponants focus. Man Sicilianand Irish meatballs,spag and whisky. Damn odd meal. I just have to worry about self loathing as the Irish and english don’t get along. (actually my english side defected to Ireland in the 1600’S.
That means your seven course meal is a six pac and a meatball, not potato!! :-)

Getty rf photo of cat and praying mantis Campi 227 posts

I am reminded of a fight I saw where one guy had long hair and the other did not. It was comical the long haired guy was tossed around by his head and then towards the end had a nice bald spot when the tuft of hair finally gave way. You as a female may wear it long as long as it doesn’t touch your shoulders I believe is the standard but I wouldn’t suggest it unless you like getting it pulled and not in a good way.

Well…I don’t disagree…I have Irish and Sicilian in my family. Now there’s a toxic combination!!

No Irish and a bottle go hand in hand….Oh, and some lucky charms.

Irish and law go hand-in-hand!!

Irish, my family name means “sheep shearer” on the english side, “shire man” on the Irish. I’m just what those long haired Ninjas need, a good trimming!! A good set of shears :-)

Humor is one of the best ways to cope with the inhumanity. Getting shanked once is one way that took away a huge sense of my humanity. It can make you into a real viscious person if you don’t moderate that with some humor. You don’t really don’t know what your capable of untill your in that moment, I quarentee that your won’t like what you can be if your not moderating it. I have talked before about the wolf, sheep and sheep dog. The sheep generally don’t like the sheepdog because it looks too much like the wolf, because it can be if not kept in check. It isn’t funny if it isn’t.

Being on the job for as long as we have you have to have a sense of humor, reality will eat a hole in you soul if not. The crap I’ve seen…..this is not what I thought I’d see while growing up looking for my place in this world. I don’t wish this on nobody, except the ones who point their finger and say I don’t deserve the perks I get for my job. You tend to realize that life’s to short and nasty thing are out there. Humor is just a way to live my life in my own little world of happiness for a bit but don’t worry it’s ok, they know me in here.

You guys are funny!!

Remle riflepg irish assassin 286 posts

Yeh, lets see him fight a whole clan of ninja barbers and see what happens.

You have a point, I saw Miley twerking and it disabled me imediately with nausea, man I was thinking inside the box,old school!! The only defense againt that hair guy is if I was a barber, man I’d better sign up for beauty school now!!

Wait a min. I saw this flick a while back where this karate or kung fu dude was swinging his long pony tail around and clocking people with it (kind of like twerking but using his head). Looked pretty effective to me, opponents couldn’t even get close enough to hit him.

Most assaults/fights end on the ground. Do you really want to give your opponent something to grab onto that controls the center of gravity. A bun, Ponytail braid is not a tacticly sound practice.

What are your thoughts about the Male Correctional Officer that won’t cut his hair? Aside from the code sworn and the rules made … why are exceptions made for women and not men?So, male or female – Is it really that big of a deal what length your hair is as long as it’s pulled back in a bun, braid or in your hat? Is the media making a bigger deal out of it than it should be?
Any thoughts out there on the subject??

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015