>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Ohio DRC Hiring Freeze??

Subscribe to Ohio DRC Hiring Freeze?? 84 posts, 22 voices

Login to reply

Male user BroncosFan 17 posts

DJE,

I applied for WCI, LECI, and DCI.

I have not been called for an interview yet.

Good luck. I am told it takes quite some time.

Male user DJE937 9 posts

Just found this forum and this topic. I’m in the same boat as BroncosFan and have the exact same timeline of events. I even took and passes the assessment on the same day (10-24-2012). I’ve yet to even receive a call for an interview. What facility did you interview at and have you been hired on BroncosFan?

Applied 8/12/2012
Assessment Consideration Email 8/22/2012
Assessment Scheduling Email 10/11/2012
Assessment Date 10/24/2012
Passed Assessment 10/24/2012
Background Clear/Eligible for Interview 3/27/2013
*Referred for Interview Consideration 8/2013

Getty rf photo of cat and praying mantis Campi 227 posts

It has been awhile since I had mine but they will ask you questions like your work history and stuff about it. You will get asked a bunch of what if questions. Other then that its a normal interview be respectful and answer honestly. They might try to catch you in a lie so don’t tell one and you wont have anything to worry about. When you get in just remember do your rounds,do your rounds, and do your rounds. If you do nothing else but do your rounds your days will go easier and you will have less things happen on your watch and learn so much more about adult baby sitting then people who dont. Plus remember you will be the fall guy for the state so as long as you do your rounds they cant say you didnt do the best you could. Also if your doing a round and it takes you past the half hour limit just put in the log why you entered your round late. Well ask any questions I will give you my honest answers to the best of my knowledge.

Female user Daisy2x 1 post

Campi did you get hired and at which one. I got a call for 2 interviews as well had to turn down one 2 hours away I’m nervous for my interview how was it?

I was on a list for 3 months before I got offered to work 2 hours away from my house. I turned them down because it was out of my areas I picked. Then about a month and a half later I was called for a prison on 1/2 hour away.

Male user Squeeze 135 posts

Geeeez, I just read this and my clucometer just rang up 400 seeing that Moose track concoction. You too ShakyJake, type 2 SUCKS BIG TIME!!!

Male user GhostMan 1 post

I had an interview a couple of weeks ago at a prison and was told they were going to put me on a list of people to hire as they had a bunch of people retiring…………does anyone know what this means being put on a list and how long generally I will have to wait.

Flag1 1 shakeyjake 112 posts

Right now I’m stuck with anything sugar free ( being type 2 sucks)

Moose track chocolate ice cream with Reece’s magic shell then topped with whipped cream. That’s so good it will make you stop thinking about all the pleasurable sins of the world of at least a few hours. It takes time.

Update:

Applied 8/12/2012
*Referred for Interview Consideration 8/2013

Remle riflepg irish assassin 286 posts

Took me a year and a half from the day I applied to my date of hire. The cogs of government move slowly. Well unless you owe them money that is.

Also, I find the raspberry to be quite good. But I’m more of a cherry fan, so Cherry Garcia is still my first choice. Try it, it kicks more ass than a fat guy going after the last chicken wing at the buffet.

took me a year back in 1992 but things have changed since then. They are placing the food service workers into C/O spots for when they get displaced by the private company, so it might take you a little longer to find a opening.

Anxious to get hired on and complete the academy. Have not received any calls yet. Did it take a while for you guys?

Hey, you have to like raspberry syrup filled chocolate truffles in order to enjoy this. go to schwans web site and see the reviews it will give to a ideal. have to go to bed now being a 3rd shift does have it’s ups and downs.

Well, I will try this Rasberry Rumble. But if it is not all you propose…you will be required to reimburse me.

yeah, like itty bitty ones, so they don’t count also they are covered in cream, not they same thing at all.. On my last post it is shwans not swans. best $5.99 you’ll ever spend……well maybe not, buying some ShakeyJakes hot sauce would be the best money you’ll ever spend but raspberry Rumble is close

Proposterous…do you not realize whole peanut butter cups are in it?

OMG, haven’t even been hired yet and already talking smack. The only thing peanut butter and chocolate are good for are Reese cups. Until you have tried Swans raspberry rumble you have not tasted bliss..

I think he’s going to fit right in here guys..:)

Thanks for the info Campi. You have been very informative. Have not received any calls yet.

Shakey, you need to understand that Ben and Jerrys Peanut Butter is the only ice cream even worthy of real men. I mean, seriously, its peanut butter and chocolate…come on.

And Battlefield 4 is set for release this Fall. Hopefully I am too busy working to play.

Applied 8/12/2012

Well from this point on it is downhill. You should be getting a call soon with an offer from any institution in the state you can turn down any that is not in your district and it will not count against you. Just keep in mind a 2 hour drive one way after working a 16 hour day is no joke.

Update:
Applied 8/12/2012

I was trying to act surprized, but guess I failed on the sarcasm. I know the feeling I started my career at SOCF and oddly enough CO’s from other camps were always asking me how “screwed up” it was at that given time, or about what we got going on, or just to say “they wouldn’t want to work there”. I lost senority when I transfered but I had to reduce the drive and moving wasn’t an option.

RiCI was noted in the beginning as a off the hook place to work by a lot institutions. never could figure it out but to each their own. I’ve been here since the beginning and like it. Started at MCI then went to Man.CI , 4 years later RiCI opened in’98 I was part of the first group to transfer over. Grant sonority has been good for me because of that reason, maybe that’s why I like it here. as for Man.Ci I’ve started to hear that there’s problems brewing over there but then again maybe it’s just hearsay.

Raspberry still rocks for me..

You saying RiCI isn’t a good place to work? BTW I changed from Chunkey Munkey to Cherry Garcia. I guess addictions only last so long.

No change here. Still waiting on my background. I heard through the vine that a new Ohio Law on background checks for employment has created a backlog on background checks. Maybe I’m caught up in that back log. DRC says we are still waiting. Thank you for your well wishes. Will keep you posted.

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015