>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Radio Communication/ Welfare Checks

Subscribe to Radio Communication/ Welfare Checks 3 posts, 3 voices

Login to reply

Correction officer jamestown0509 313 posts

I agree Campi. The less traffic on the radio certainly is better. Using a phone to communicate is much better aside from the fact that you are not broadcasting information all over the facility on a radio.

Getty rf photo of cat and praying mantis Campi 227 posts

The check in can be done over a phone and if you have a post that really does nothing but monitor screens or even a lieutenant take the calls hourly. As for radio communications it should be simple as don’t have a conversation on it about things that are meant for only one other officer. If that’s the case use a phone. The radios should only be used when needed for emergencies or when no other option is available. Some places have different frequencies for all radio traffic. This is a double edged sword. We had an escape attempt and were unable to get the guy before he slid back into population because the perimeter officer was unable to let the inside officers know what was going on in time to respond. So weigh that option of different frequencies. Now the newer radios can be programmed for specific post to be able to communicate with others. But this gets technical and really dependant on your institution. Hope this helps a little.

Male user indebt1188 3 posts

I recently got selected to help revise our department Radio Communication and welfare check SOP. dont really have any ideas, what we have in place is a mess and hope i can get feed back or any other SOP being used currently

THANKS

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015