Pretty Girls... New Hire>>what's your opinion?
I just had my first interview for Correction at a local county jail. They honestly caught me off guard. The whole thing revolved around “Why do you want to be here, you do not belong here” kind of vibe....
Working on Jail Remedies Yvette Urrea Moe
Until recently, someone arrested for an incident exacerbated by mental illness, drugs or alcohol abuse would serve the sentence and then be released and referred to seek community services. Once released, if an inmate stopped taking his prescribed medications or started abusing substances again, he could end up in jail - again and again
Also this week:
- February – Juvenile – Coverage of Juvenile programs and projects [Please send your articles/stories to firstname.lastname@example.org]
Rolling Plains Detention Center: Directly supervises all shift Lts & Sgts, transport, property and laundry....
full job posting
- Feb 20, 2014 – The Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency - Citywide Reentry Assembly
- Feb 21-23, 2014 – Southern States Correctional Association Mid Winter Training Conference- Savannah, Georgia
- Feb 27, 2014 – DC Office on Returning Citizen Affairs - Reentry Forum- The Breakdown of the Black Family as a Result of Incarcerating Mothers
- Apr 03, 2014 – Health Reform and Criminal Justice: Advancing New Opportunities - Washington, D.C.
- Apr 05-08, 2014 – Spring Conference on Correctional Health Care- Atlanta, GA
- Apr 09, 2014 – Antiretroviral Therapy Treatment Update, Online webcast
- Apr 10-12, 2014 – 2014 Mental Health in Corrections Conference- Springfield, MO
- Apr 23-26, 2014 – NAAWS 2014 Training Conference- Memphis, TN
- Apr 27-30, 2014 – American Jail Association’s 33rd Annual Training Conference & Jail Expo- Dallas, TX
- May 01-02, 2014 – 6th Annual Inland Empire Gang Symposium- San Bernadino, CA
- Jun 11-14, 2014 – 2014 MASCA 76th Annual Conference - Washington, D.C.
- Jul 18-19, 2014 – Correctional Health Care Leadership Institutes - Denver, CO
- Jul 20-21, 2014 – Correctional Mental Health Care Conference - Denver, CO
- Oct 18-22, 2014 – National Conference on Correctional Health Care - Las Vegas, NV
quote of the week
Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.