New Officer>>what's your opinion?
I had a friend join the Job a few years ago. I remember her telling me she was terrified at the thoughts of working on the floor. To see her now you would think she was a 20 yr veteran. She runs her own landing and the inmates jump when she roars...
Tales from the Local Jail: A Few Thoughts on the ‘Loaf’ Gary F. Cornelius, First Lt. (Retired)
As a retired jail deputy sheriff, I try to keep up with events and developments in the field that was my home for over 27 years. So it was with great interest that I came across a recent article from National Public Radio (NPR) dated January 2, 2014 titled: Food as Punishment: Giving U.S. Inmates ‘The Loaf’ Persists by Eliza Barclay.
Also this week:
- January – Innovation – People/ideas that move corrections forward [Please send your articles/stories to email@example.com]
Juvenile Detention Center Director 3
Responsible for operating a 200 bed Youth Development Campus that includes a Behavioral Management Unit. Under limited supervision, develop, plan, coordinate comprehensive services including education and appropriate programming needs for juvenile offenders up to 20 years of age...
full job posting
- Jan 31-Feb 5, 2014 – 2014 American Correctional Association- Winter Conference- Tampa, Florida
- Feb 21-23, 2014 – Southern States Correctional Association Mid Winter Training Conference- Savannah, Georgia
- Apr 5-8, 2014 – Spring Conference on Correctional Health Care- Atlanta, GA
- Apr 10-12, 2014 – 2014 Mental Health in Corrections Conference- Springfield, MO
- Apr 23-26, 2014 – NAAWS 2014 Training Conference- Memphis, TN
- Apr 27-30, 2014 – American Jail Association’s 33rd Annual Training Conference & Jail Expo- Dallas, TX
- Jun 11-14, 2014 – 2014 MASCA 76th Annual Conference - Washington, D.C.
- Jul 18-19, 2014 – Correctional Health Care Leadership Institutes - Denver, CO
- Jul 20-21, 2014 – Correctional Mental Health Care Conference - Denver, CO
- Oct 18-22, 2014 – National Conference on Correctional Health Care - Las Vegas, NV
quote of the week
When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.