||The San Luis Detention and Support Center-San Luis, AZ is seeking to hire a registered nurse that will be responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Also, directs and guides patient teaching, activities, and ancillary personnel while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
Experience And Educations:
- A registered professional nurse responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Also, directs and guides patient teaching, activities, and ancillary personnel while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
- Defines position duties and responsibilities of nursing personnel to ensure quality of care at the staff level of registered nurse for the facility.
- Interrelates and works effectively with patients’ families (as appropriate), medical and nursing staffs, security staff at all levels, administrative staff and supportive staff, i.e., pharmacy, laboratory, etc.
- Assist all healthcare staff providing nursing care to offenders at the facility, according to
Facility Administration Policies and Local, State, and Federal Regulations.
- Assesses physical, psychological, and social dimensions of patients within the health care unit and, as necessary, in the housing units.
- Applies knowledge of available resources in obtaining a health history and in assessment process.
- Provides a written assessment of patient on admission, during confinement, and on discharge as requested.
- Summarizes assessment data and makes a triage decision which is documented and communicated to other patient care providers.
- Plans an individual treatment program.
- Utilize available treatment protocols as written by the psychiatrist.
- Utilizes referral process to appropriate providers as necessary.
- Applies knowledge and utilizes available resources in planning care and patient teaching.
- Consults as necessary with nurses, physicians, correctional officers, etc.
- Implements individual treatment program in the health care unit and, as necessary, in the housing units.
- Implements clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Intervenes with proper technique, procedures and safety precautions to meet the
individual needs of patients.
- Implements mental health plan through the administering of medications in accordance with physician’s orders.
“LaSalle Corrections West, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer"
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which they are practicing
- Current CPR certification